Luminous is seeking a sustainability reporting-focused consultant to contribute to the growth and development of our Sustainability & Impact department. Reporting to the Director, Sustainability & Impact, you will contribute to the development and delivery of Luminous’ sustainability reporting and materiality assessment offers.
You will work closely with all parts of our business, delivering projects on-time and to a high quality, contributing to our award-winning thought leadership and best practice consultancy.
We believe that every business needs an authentic sustainability and impact story. We help companies make the right decisions, deliver on their strategy, and tell their sustainability story. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert team on interesting sustainability challenges for a range of UK-based and global clients. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and seek applicants from all backgrounds.
• Conduct desk-based benchmarking and research on clients, sectors, and market trends.
• Analyse client documentation, reports and other communications to identify improvement opportunities.
• Synthesize research findings into key themes, analyse information to develop conclusions and draft recommendations for client deliverables.
• Support the development of corporate sustainability reports, including developing reporting concepts, structure, key messaging, and overall content, as well as liaising with copywriters, the creative team and account management
• Advise clients on the application of reporting standards and frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, UNGC, and UN SDGs.
• Support the development and delivery of materiality assessments to inform report content and sustainability strategy development.
• Support stakeholder interviews and evaluation.
• Participate in client meetings and workshops and maintain documentation.
• Engage with client reporting teams.
• Follow trends and identify thought leadership and marketing opportunities.
• Assist in general business development research and marketing tasks such as drafting blog posts, preparing podcast interview questions, and contributing to research.
• Contribute to pitch development to help Luminous win new business.
Skills, experience and attributes
• 3 years of demonstrated experience with sustainability or ESG reporting.
• In-depth knowledge of industry standards such as the GRI Standards, SASB, TCFD, UNGC, and UN SDGs.
• A passion for sustainability reporting and reporting frameworks.
• Understanding of current and emerging sustainability-related voluntary reporting and regulatory requirements (such as, climate change disclosure, EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, etc).
• Desire to maintain our repository and knowledge of reporting standards and frameworks.
• Self-motivated person who can work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Focused, disciplined, organized and detail oriented.
MS Office and MS Teams.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line 'Sustainability Consultant Application'.