Luminous is seeking a sustainability reporting-focused consultant to contribute to the growth and development of our Sustainability & Impact offer. Reporting to the Director, Sustainability & Impact, you will lead and deliver sustainability reports aligned to common sustainability reporting standards, as well as conduct research and provide insights to help our clients understand the changing nature on sustainability standards and policies, especially in the UK and Europe.
You will work closely with all parts of our business, delivering projects on-time and to a high quality, contributing to our award-winning thought leadership and best practice consultancy.
We believe that every business needs an authentic sustainability and impact story. We help companies make the right decisions, deliver on their strategy, and tell their sustainability story. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert team on interesting sustainability challenges for a range of UK-based and global clients. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and seek applicants from all backgrounds.
- Support the development of corporate sustainability reports, including developing reporting concepts, structure, key messaging and overall content, as well as liaising with copywriters, the creative team and account management.
- Advise clients on the application of reporting standards and frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, UNGC, ISSB and UN SDGs.
- Support clients with the development of GRI and SASB content indices.
- Advise clients on the changing nature of voluntary guidance and forthcoming policy and regulation as it pertains to sustainability reporting.
- Write blogs, articles, and other communications to inform our clients on the latest changes in the reporting and regulatory environment.
- Conduct desk-based benchmarking and research on clients, sectors and market trends.
- Analyse client documentation, reports and other communications to identify improvement opportunities.
- Synthesize research findings into key themes, analyse information to develop conclusions and draft recommendations for client deliverables.
- Lead and develop our repository and knowledge of reporting standards and frameworks, and associated policies, legislative drivers and regulation.
- Participate in client meetings and workshops and maintain documentation.
- Engage with client reporting teams.
- Follow trends and identify thought leadership and marketing opportunities.
- Assist in general business development research and marketing tasks such as drafting blog posts, preparing podcast interview questions and contributing to research.
- Contribute to pitch development to help Luminous win new business.
Skills, experience and attributes
- 3 years of demonstrated experience with sustainability or ESG reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and frameworks such as the GRI Standards, SASB, TCFD, UNGC, and UN SDGs.
- Experience aligning reports to the GRI standards.
- A passion for policy analysis, sustainability reporting and reporting frameworks.
- Understanding of current and emerging sustainability-related voluntary reporting and regulatory requirements (such as, climate change disclosure, EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, the ISSB standards, UNPRI, SFDR, etc).
- Desire to maintain our repository and knowledge of reporting standards and frameworks.
- Flexible and self-motivated person who can work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Dedicated individual who can use their initiative to contribute to the continuous improvement of processes in the S&I team
- Focused, disciplined, organized and detail oriented.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- MS Teams
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line 'Sustainability Reporting Consultant Application'