You will drive the growth of digital client work, developing and executing marketing strategies and leading/supporting new business pitches. Working closely with our Strategy and Creative teams, you will lead a team responsible for the delivery of digital projects – targeted primarily at B2B audiences.
You will have an excellent knowledge of digital technologies with the ability to understand the implications of technology choices. Working to an effective project delivery methodology will be a key success driver in this role.
You will manage all digital operations including our standards, platforms, processes, tools, analytics, SLAs and external suppliers. You will control the digital offering, working with the Design team and supporting in-house experts across Brand, Sustainability and Investor Engagement, driving innovative solutions to client challenges.
This is a challenging role as there are several internal/external stakeholders, so proactive communication, ongoing maintenance ofproject documentation and active management of in-house/remote-based teams is essential to deliver projects within scope, budget and schedule.
Marketing and business development
• Responsible for creating and delivering the Luminous digital offer and collaborating with agency strategy teams to align the offer across disciplines
• Work closely with Marketing and New Business teams to develop long-term marketing plan to drive interest in the digital offer
• Work closely with New Business, Strategy and Client Services teams to identify ideal digital prospects and cross-selling opportunities
• Write digital proposals/pitch decks and present solutions to clients and prospects, helping to convert larger-scale digital projects
• Stay current with emerging technologies and changing best practices, identifying how these can help to solve client challenges and proactively contributing to thought leadership
• Own the overall digital client experience
• Act as strategy lead on larger digital client projects, including:
– Project briefing and scoping, ensuring client requirements are documented and understood by all project stakeholders
– Provide analysis of clients’ digital communications and analytics
– Provide strategic recommendations on user experience, design and technical solutions
• Provide senior management escalation for any issues related to digital projects
• Utilise technology to deliver a seamless client experience
• Responsible for quality standards across all aspects of delivery, designing and approving key project documentation
• Own commercial management at a business level, ensuring regular and effective reporting and reviews
• Devise commercial solutions that drive maximum profitability across digital projects and ensure that the Client Services team are equipped to apply the same principles
• Manage the digital outsourcing strategy to ensure we use best-in-class suppliers, delivering value through long-term partnership
• Drive best practice in terms of code, functionality, accessibility, responsive design, and deploying the best CMS to meet the challenge
• Have a smart approach to content loading, utilising tools such as GatherContent
• Develop long-term client relationships built around ongoing analytics support and a proactive approach to hosting and SLAs
• Introduce the wider agency to the latest digital thinking and best working practices
• Work with the Design and Production teams to continually improve working practices and further embed best working practices
• Manage career development and employee satisfaction of the Digital team: focus on ensuring they have appropriate goals and are given the tools and opportunities to meet them
• Conduct ongoing performance reviews
• Manage recruitment of new team members according to the needs of the business
Skills and experience
• A seasoned digital professional with at least 5 years experience gained in digital communications agencies (B2B/B2C)
• Proven track record of delivery across digital communication channels
• Good knowledge of digital communicationstechnologies and ability to understand the implications of technology choices
• Experience of working with a portfolio of specialist digital partners
• Good understanding of project management methodologies e.g. Prince2, Scrum, Agile
• Good understanding of broader digital disciplines e.g. digital marketing, UX, SEO, Hosting, Apps etc.
• A good knowledge of the B2B world, Brand, Investor Engagement and Sustainability communications would be a bonus
• Project management tools (Jira, Asana, Confluence,Basecamp, MS Project, Smartsheet)
• Outlook, Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat, Paprika
• Web technologies (WordPress, Umbraco, Drupal, CRM,Google Analytics suite)
• Good understanding of common web programming languages (PHP, HTML, React, NodeJS, .Net)