Since selling their dairies business in 2015, FTSE 250 company Dairy Crest has transformed its business from selling liquid milk to producers of branded, market-leading foods and ingredients for a broad consumer base. However, their corporate website reflected the legacy Dairy Crest and not the new visionary one, which still had to amplify the business’s core messages of Quality, Britishness, and Provenance.
Following a detailed content audit and customer experience mapping, our proposed solution focused on meeting five key objectives:
– Telling the unique story of Dairy Crest to strengthen the relationship between the corporate brand and its consumer products.
– Changing outdated perceptions of the business.
– Bringing the innovation story to life in order to attract new investors and talent.
– Demonstrating Dairy Crest’s focus on building relationships to attract new farmers and suppliers.
– Putting corporate responsibility at the heart of everything, in a way that is relevant to all audiences; from farmers, customers and retailers to financial, prospective and existing employees and the media.
The simplified investor relations section acts as a rich content hub with video, downloads, webcasts, share feeds and a share price calculator. The latest reports and news articles are highlighted on the homepage and investor landing page to lead users directly to new content, and encourage them to browse the investor hub by suggesting related content.
The new corporate site also has to operate as a brand site for Dairy Crest’s products, so a balance had to be achieved between the business’s corporate and consumer presence.
Kate Goode, Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications at Dairy Crest is delighted with the result: “We are so pleased with our new fresh and dynamic website which does a great job of showcasing our corporate story, as well as our consumer brands. Luminous took the brief and delivered beyond our expectations.”